[HCDX] MW Conditions up to date !

Hi to all of you here !

Tonight seems to be an opening just SLIGHTLY below-average and if I have time enough, I may log some goodies somewhat later this evening and conditions may even jump to good. Duirng the last hour I managed the following (mostly the usuals, not much rare stuff obviously except perphaps a SS on 1570 - either previously logged Radio Amanecer HIAJ in Santo Domingo or a spanish domestic and possible Venezuela really way under a huge WTOP signal on 1500, but nothing exceptional besides this 2 unIDs/probable logs) January 4 ET, January 5 UTC:

The radio (that I still use for MW DX'ing) is the Sanyo MCD-S830 and my QTH is as usually in the south-western part of the Quebec province, in the Montreal region, in the defunt city of Pierrefonds (now a part of Montreal).

What was heard tonight between 0107 and 0217 (approx.) UTC - 2007-2117 ET:

530 Turks and Caicos,    Radio Vision Cristiana Internacíonal  0140 - fair to weak w/ talk about the relations beetwen free persons ("personas libres") and God. +0907 Very good now with 3 or 4 phone numbers given and the announcer paused about 4 seconds beetwen each number or so (Chiochiu-QC).

640 Venezuela,   YVQO, Puerto La Cruz (Anzoátegui)  0133 - good, to verry good peak 1 minute later, then faded gradually and slowly down and occasionally up in strenght; end of a nx report, man mentioned the slogan Union Radio Noticías followed by another news report about "el Presidente del Concilio Nacíonal de Venezuela". 1 or 2 stations underneath at the time, Guadeloupe and possibly Cuba (both audible with weak to fair signals several minutes later). WNNZ was in quite good and atop channel before I writed down this message (10 minutes ago). (Chiochiu-QC)

640 Guadeloupe,   Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre  0138 - zouk music, weak to poor, and under Venezuela (Chiochiu-QC)

640 Cuba,    CMBC and/or CMBD Radio Progreso, Guanabacoa and/or Las Tunas  0139 - very briefly at a fairly acceptable level with cuban music. (Chiochiu-QC)

750    WSB (Atlanta, GA) 2013 - sports talk about a Boston team. Fair, but no sign of Venezuela (Chiochiu-QC)

760 Colombia,   HJAJ  RCN  0203 - to good peak with spanish talk, mention of Hawai at 0201 when they were only poor-fair. (Chiochiu-QC)

1500    WTOP (Washington, DC) 2030 - traffic report from the "WTOP Traffic Center". Excellent signal, but w/ a second EE or SS station way underneath (possibly Florida or YVRZ ? ). (Chiochiu-QC)

1570    unID,  0107 - very good w/ trop. mx. in SS (salsa or rumba), but faded away before any announcements. I have logged Radio Amanecer Internacíonal (HIAJ) in December 2000, but this is probably something else. Also heard in November 2002 w/ the same format and some announcements (but no IDs), 20 or 30 minutes after local sunset, wich were not religious at all ! XERF is possible but very unlikely, especially considering that Mexico is nearly no reported at all in eastern North America before 0030 UTC (1930 ET), so it has to be a spanish domestic, but who ? (Chiochiu-QC)

1620 US Virgin Islands    WDHP, St. Croix 0134 - Presumed; Man in Caribbean English mostly poor and under a stronger (unidentified) domestic talker. Readable with local CJWI-1610 nulled down to the mud (Chiochiu-QC).

That's it for now !
It was a pretty nice DX session wich lasted 70 minutes and I will certainly do some listening later tonight, since conditions looks pretty good, at least compared with what was heard the other evenings.
Yesturday, I could not even get RVC-530; conditions to Latin AMerica were unexistent and even short-skip domestics were very poor with even WOR-710 not heard at all !
So have a good evening and good DX,
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom