Re: [HCDX] unid. on 6350

Perhaps this:

Voice of Peace and Democracy of Eritrea

6350 Voice of Peace and Democracy of Eritrea (t) 0346 with nice
signal and talk by woman. Left the radio for a second without
starting a recording and retuned at 0349 to open carrier. Whoops,
thought I had plenty of time. At 0353 IS and then ID at 0358 for
Voice of Tigray Revolution. Checked 5 and 6 MHz range for //'s and
found none.
(H.Johnson-USA Nov 27, 2002 in CDX-ML)

Reijo Alapiha

Joensuu Finland

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Scott R. Barbour Jr. wrote:

> 6350 *0356-0424+ 01/09. Looking through some DX notes( per Hans Johnson)  last night. led me to stop on this frequency. Heard a definite IS at s/on, with Horn of Africa style music, followed by an announcer with (P) ID. Broadcast consisted of continuous talk,short breaks with Horn of Africa music. Tribal music and chorus at 0421, with alternating talks and music until 0424. Signal slipped away into the already noisy conditions. Poor under massive RTTY QRM. Only audible in USB. Checked VO Peace and Democracy of Eritrea and VO Tigray Revolution IS's at intervalsignals.net, both sound similar. Unfortunately, I have no recorder at this time to get an accurate match. Any Ideas?
>
> Scott R Barbour Jr, Intervale,N.H.-USA
>
> Sangean ATS 818; RF Systems MLB-1 kit; RS longwire and RDA balun

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom