[HCDX] Re: two medium-wave domestic logs from this late afternoon/early evening

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: two medium-wave domestic logs from this late afternoon/early evening

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 5:08 PM

Hello !

Just finnished my english composition home-work an hour ago.

Condx this late afternoon are very good and I managed to get 2 nice receptions of interesting domestic catches (very regular, of course, but I was surprised to hear those since on Friday, on Saturday and Sunday when in Quebec City conditions were not the good and Sturday aside from two spanish domestics on 1300 and 1570 and sub-standard reception of WBT, in Charloote, on 1110 + 3 usual Latins, nothing else of interest or even decent was heard.

Here are the 2 afore-mentionated logs:

1090 WBAL Baltimore, MD 1657 - Very strong reception: end of a string of ads, then talk-show continued and anncr. gived the wbal.com web-site address (Chiochiu-QC).
1320 CKEC New Glasgow, NS 1659 - CKEC Weather Forecast, then sound effect; pretty fair signal, but with lots of interferences from three different stations (one of them was CJMR Missisauga-ON and the other one - unID - came, I think, from the southern New England area - probably southern Massachusets or Connecticut). (Chiochiu-QC)

That's it for now !

I'm going to try for some more domestic DX especially on the local 'graveyard' channels as well as some longwave to see if I can get good audio of possible trans-atlantic signals, on my Phillips tube transistor.

Keep DX'ing,
73 and good DX listening !,
I'm going back to my radio right now.
Bogdan Chiochiu in Pierrefonds in Montreal, QC