[HCDX] Estacíon ID heard on the 600 kHz mystery

[HCDX] Estacíon ID heard on the 600 kHz mystery

Hello !

I taked the tape I made of the 600 kHz Dominican and listened to it on the road before and after school on the school bus and the only clear ID I founded beetwen break in meringue/bachata music block is "Estacíon..." after a UTC-4 time check at 0255 UTC "diez cincuenta y cicnco..." and mention of Estacíon (station in EE). Not much - the TOH ID I have for 0300 UTC is "seis cientos AM desde Santo Domingo" and several unreadable words like something close to "Torbes". Also, I have a power announcement and they do mnetion 100,000 watts if I heard well "ciento mil (something ? - probably watts)".

Anyway, they are very strong and the signal is even more stable that the RVC-530 one. On 600 it's stronger than WICC Bridgeport, CKAT North Bay, ON and Radio Rebelde-Cuba w/ occasionally some traces from La Nueva Radio Ya-Nicaragua; I will not be surprised to hear this on a good summer night with higher than usual A indices, especially after 10 PM (0200 UTC in the summer) and even around June 20. Not at all !

I have never heard a MW LAm in June (only 1 in May, 2 in July and 4 or 5 in August during the summer of 2001 when I was very active on DX'ing), but I think I will hear at least one this month of June and this one obliges with the domestic and sometimes local-like signal that make most nights to Montreal since late December.

this summer I plan to get lots of e-skip on FM with my Sangean ATS-606A, shortwave DX and AM as well. I will prove tot he east-coast guys like Mark Connelly that on a good auroral night, even the month of June can produce some LatinMWDX from a great inland location like the mine.

That's it for now !
A list of the stns heard will be sent out to evryone after I'll finnish my homeworks (I have something to do on maths),
73 and good DX
Bogdan