[HCDX] 1584

1584 unid Arabic-speaking with modern popular Arabic music seems to be addressing itself to Iraq, as this word is in the "slogans" of the IDs, before name of the station, which sounds like Radio Tacheen, stress on the long e-sound. At 1911 Feb 5, double ID by both female and male announcer. Just slogans,ids and music here, no Radio Sawa-like news stories heard so far. But it is most likely a part of the US information & music offensive in the Gulf area. Any tx site will of course not be given away in the programs, perhaps some email address might pop up. Good for those who do understand Arabic, I am at loss here I am afraid.  Candidate countries for origin of signal  ? Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE...
73
Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden
AOR AR7030 K9AY