[HCDX] Re: Help Please

Hi,

> On Feb. 5 (in Virginia, USA) at 2:20 UTC on 5120 Khz I heard a news report that sounded like it came
> from somewhere in Scandinavia.  I don't have WRTVHB, is it listed in there?  Help please?  Thanks in
> advance...

Most likely an image frequency produced in your receiver. Add twice
the IF frequency and you'll have the correct operating frequency. 5120
+ (2*455) = 6030 kHz. There is one of the two SW outlets of
Südwestrundfunk Germany, the other frequency is 7265 kHz. Programme is
called SWR 3.

--
73's
Martin

 Martin: thanks for the interesting answer.  I will consider this complication from now on.  However, I don't know that I was hearing a program from Südwestrundfunk Germany, as I'm absolutely sure the language spoken was not German.  It was definitely a Scandinavian language.  Thanks again for the help.

73's

Jeff