[HCDX] SW DX this morning

Hello !

I had the pleasure to wake up this morning around 4:15 AM and noticed a lot of really good condx on SW, nothing like the evening when I got to bed at 10:30 PM when Brasil wasn't that good.

Here are a couple of exemples of the good stuff this AM:

Rx and location: Sangean ATS-606A w/ long-wire antenna from Montreal (in Pierrefonds-Est on Edward Higgins), Quebec, Canada:

4885 BRAZIL, Radio Clube do Para, Belem  FEB 23 0925 - Fair/poor, with heavy QRM from powerlines. Presumed (Chiochiu-QC)

4915 BRAZIL, Radio Anhanguera Goiana  FEB 23 0926 - PP pgm; Poor. Presumed; soon faded completely away before even dawn at the tx-site (Chiochiu-QC)

4930 HONDURAS, Radio Costena, San Pedro Sula  FEB 23 0935 - Presumed with Latin American music barely audible, very slightly above the moderate powerline
noise level. Never heard anything on this frequency before ! (Chiochiu-QC)

4890 unID ?? carrer received all times when checked (Chiochiu-QC)

4960 VANUATU ?? FEB 23 0922very good,but after 1100 received at a threshold level (due to the light appearing in Mtl perphaps,slowly) - with a program on island music - a mix beetwen reagge,salsa and African Hi-Life with a very, very little brend of 70's disco too - sounded very exotic, and a man in a language I couldn't understand at all;
after 1030 shiffted to 80's pops like "She's a Maniac" from 1983 (Flash-Dance). Could it be Quecha too, as Ecuador is listed, so either Vanuatu or Ecuador. Maybe Vanuatu ? I made it on tape and can send a real-audio file to anyone interessed this afternoon (Chiochiu-QC)

6175 FRANCE, RFI, Issoudun  FEB 23 0959 - after the adjacent ZY faded out I checked this channel (wich had PP mixing in a few minutes earlier with RFI, probably an image from RDP or something else, as no portuguese is listed on 6175) and heard the end of a litteral pgm followed by greetings to listeners. Probably not a big deal to hear this, as it is a major international broadcaster, but it was the first time I listened to Radio France Internationale on this channel ! (Chiochiu-QC)

6180 BRASIL, Radio Nacíonal, Rio de Janeiro  FEB 23 0937 - Morning px in Portuguese. DJ welcomed a listener with "Bon Jiu" or something like that (a bit similar to SS Buenos Días, II Bon Giorno and romanian Bunã Ziua) and played some PP pops a few minutes later. Very strong with moderate het from RFI on 6175. After 0958 faded out with the tx-site dawn, so no luck for taping the ToH ID as I would have liked. What is surprising is that they faded down so fast, at 0954 they still were Huuuge ! (Chiochiu-QC)

11815 BRASIL - PP talk (apparently of religious nature), didn't seem //6180, but I haven't checked too much to see if //, only once (Chiochiu-QC)

On MW the only foreign stuff was from RVC-530, Guadeloupe-640 and RCN-760, so don't worth reporting on this. The only really interesting think was bits of EE talk (souned like nx) on 1070 mixing with another newscast from CBA (CBC) around 6 AM and wich gradually dropped down in strenght with local dawn at transmitter site in NB; probably this was KNX Los Angeles, but too weak to even try to ID this time; th eonly other worthwile domestic reception was from WICC 600 in Connecticut wich was very strong the past evening after 9 PM with an oldies show. It's amazing since just two weeks they were covered up by the new Dominican powerhouse along with La Nueva Radio Ya and Radio Rebelde, even during nights that were not really auroral. Really this season was suck for high-latitude stuff even for domestic "pests"; I really hope solar condx gets very low, so I can at least log my first TA stations.

In all a great early morning listening session - the most interesting was the stn on 4960 kHz; hope someone will help here.

That's it for now !,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu