[HCDX] Re: Radio 4 Sweden relay 18960

Hello !
Seems like we got a good signal of the national final game in the Bandy
championships. I am sure Radio Sweden but also the P4 Sport would be rather
interested in hearing from places around the world where the game was picked
up, even if the transmission primarily was intended to Swedes living abroad
with limited access to the game on TV or other radio channels.

In brief, Bandy is a game planed on ice, the plane has the size of about a
football ground and you play with sticks and try to hit a small orange ball,
a little bigger the a golf ball. To my knowledge Bandy is well known
Scandinavia, Russia and maybe at least known In Canada and part of US.
If you are familiar with hurling, just imagine ice instead of grass and a
little better clothed players.. The play is extremely fast and I guess it
takes a lot of courage to be a goalkeeper.
The national championship has one final game and the season starting early
autumn and the final game is major event. The area is sold out and this year
gathered more then 20 000 people. The good thing (so far) is that in spite
of a sport which by tradition requires/is connected with some drinking not
only pure water among parts of the spectators, the atmosphere is friendly
and a big family event. Unfortunately we can not say the same about some
football ice-hockey games.
Anyway, your reports are most likely highly appreciated if you send them to
P4 Sporten, Sveriges Radio, SE-10510 Stockholm or to Radio Sweden, SE-10510
Stockholm.  radioswedden@xxxxx <mailto:radioswedden@xxxxx>  is a useful
address for you who heard the transmissions and want to get in touch.

I am sure you who send your reports get some nice verification from them of
your reception reports and most probably I will also find copies of them on
my desk, when we technical evaluate the transmissions and see what we can
learn to next time.

Yours sincerely, Magnus Wiberg, Teracom AB, responsible for the frequency
planning.