[HCDX] SW loggings 20/03 from Victoria, BC

[HCDX] SW loggings 20/03 from Victoria, BC

Interesting listening, I'm sure for the next while.............Walt.

UNKNOWN 7175, 0200-, Radio Free Iraq Mar 20 On at exactly 0200 with presumed NA of Iraq and sign-on announcement by woman. Fair to good reception with some adjacent splatter from Voice of Russia on 7180. No parallels noted. Rechecked at 0419. Good to very good reception now on 9695, parallel to 7115 with slightly weaker signal. I suspect Morocco or Greece VOA tx location. Many mentions of Washington. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

NIGERIA 7255, 0445-, Voice of Nigeria Mar 20 Orchestral pieces with English IDs as 'This is the Voice of Nigeria'. Then at 0448:30, a female voice 'You are listening to....?'. Fair to occasionally good reception. No other parallels noted, though I can here a het on 15120, but no audio tonight. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

LIBERIA 5470, 0639-, Radio Veritas Mar 20 Tentative logging of Radio Veritas with music weakly heard. Too little signal strength to identify language. About 45 second drop out at 0640, but if there was voice, I could not hear it. Back into music following. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)