[HCDX] A huge problem with my Sangean radio

[HCDX] A huge problem with my Sangean radio

Hello to all of you !

Since 2-3 days, while putting some romanian SW broadcasts and some locall
free FM frequencoies (like 88.1) into the memories of my Sangean rx, a
strange thing did happen. The receiver did go off by it's self and in the
frequency display / time screen, appeared the initial of the word "Error"
(an electronic reverse 3) - like when I tune to a frequency not covered by
the receiver (i.e.: a channel in the the Eastern European OIRT-FM band).
After a few trying, I put the radio on again, but after just 5 minutes it
goed off and the reverse 3 appeared on the screen.

Initially, I tought it may had been a problem with the batteries; I changed
them, but shortly after the problem re-begun. I cannot really uses this
radio because each few minutes (or even few seconds !) it goes off with the
error message. I talked about to my parents, and they say it might have been
an error when I programmed the receiver; well I put out the batteries on
Friday night and put them inside the radio again this Saturday morning and
all the memeory presets of MW/SW and FM stations were deleated due to the
lack of any battery supplies, but the problem is still there and is from
worse to worse.

Africa Numéro Un on 9580 had a listeners request pgm I was listening to the
last Saturday afternoon and in the middle of a listeners phone-in, the audio
dropped, and the reverse 3 (E for Error) appeared again.
Does anyone among you can help me solve this problem ?

I have an old radio for SW that an Alberta DX'er did sent to me about 1 year
and a half ago, but on some interesting frequencies, like 60 and 49 meters,
there isn't enough gain for good reception. As for FM I have nothing good
anymore, the telescopic antenna of my Sanyo broke in the fall of 2001 and my
Emerson walk-man did broke this summer too. My parents didn't helped me
install speakers and a Yagi antenna on the beautifool technics tuner Mike
Bugaj sent to me, yet. The only DX I can do at the moment is AM DX using the
Sanyo radio, and this isn't too hot right now because of more and more
day-light hours. The only Latin American at good strenght the past night was
YVQO Union Radio on 640 kHz.

I would like to hear some Irak SW stations, now that the war begun, so I
need fast some advice for adjusting my Sangean 606 receiver.

Thank you very much !
73 and good DX to all of you,
Bogdan Chiochiu