[HCDX] A good night for Latins

Well before 9 PM I did listen to 890 Radio Progreso in my bedroom on my Phillips transistor tube radio and heard "Too much heaven" by the Bee Gees, a cuban pop song, then onda del alegria mention in talk, followed by news relayed from Radio Rebelde, then the Ritmos pgm. The signal strenghth was very good with a bit of occasional QRM from remaints of nulled WLS and a somewhat distorted sound (640 was much clearer, but 890 was distorted - I wonder when they'll fix the tx ?).

On 640, they are often atop the Mojo Radio/WNNZ/Venezuela/ R. Guadeloupe mix, in // with 890. I had my Sanyo tuned to 640 and my Phillips tuned to 890 and they seem to be relayed very precisely (no satellite delay - exactly the same px at the same time !).

Radio Vision Cristiana 530 was also nearly excellent, at times, but with some QRM from our neighborhood computers.

Tryed for Mexico, but couldn't get any signals out of XEWA-540, XEW-900, XEG/XEQOO-1050 or XEBE-1160 (the last three ones unheard yet). It is impossible to clearly listen to WEVD on 1050 due to heavy CHUM interference. Some of the CHUM signal is actually so strong that I get a het on 1040 against local CJMS Country.

1160 has a strong religious domestic speecher.

I didn't try for XECF-1410 yet, but I will later tonight as I'm still up until very yet.
I'm waiting a bit as Radio Progreso 640 is down in strenght since the past 30 minutes+ and 890 has heavy interference from WLS.

I'll also try to get any of the 5 Mexicans on 660 (XEFZ Noti-Radio, XEDTL La Candela, XEEY Aguascalientes, XEACB Quintana Roo or XEAR Tampico "La Mexicana") under WFAN after mid-night.

Right now I visit a web-site about Latin American music put together by Henrik Klemetz and Jay Novello at http://home.swipnet.se/gersnaes/henriks/lamusic.html
This gives you a lot of information on the different types of music you when DX'ing Latin signals and can also contribuate in boosting your musical culture.

That's it for now !,
73, good DX and good night of radio listening (for those who are up like me),
Bogdan Chiochiu