RE: [HCDX] Iraq SAT TV

> Iraq SAT TV / Some technical problems this morning before 0830 UTC : low
> quality sound, black and white images. Iraq TV is still on Hot
> Bird 13° East this  day.
> The news at 0830 UTC / The sound seems to be more damaged and
> deep-sounding in this edition. In
> the background an image has replaced the curtains ... is it a new
> studio or a
> way to apply video effects ? They are broadcasting again Saddam's
> video in
> Baghdad with several interruptions, tape rewindings, sound/no image or
> image/no sound sequences...

They seem to have moved locations during the night. Observations by BBC
Monitoring and from our own correspondents will be in the Media Network
Weblog over the weekend:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0121781/

Also don't forget to check www.dxing.info for information from Mika
Makkelainen who has just been on assignment in Doha.

Andy Sennitt
Radio Netherlands