[HCDX] some Cuban logs

Hello to all of you !

 Despite the long number of day-light hours and the fact we are in the summer day-light saving time since a week, the past night I was able to hear 3 Cuban stations on the AM band, the strongest being Radio Rebelde on 600 kHz.

 Here are the details:

600 CUBA   CMKV, Radio Rebelde  APR 13 0326 - Man in SS with "Deportivamente" sports comments. Very good with a very poor trace of CKAT (C&W domestic in North Bay, ON). (Chiochiu-QC)

640 CUBA   Radio Progreso  APR 13 0324 - "Radio Progreso" ID in mess with a poor WNNZ. No sign of Guadeloupe, the usual dominant Caribbean station on this channel. (Chiochiu-QC)

890 CUBA   Radio Progreso  APR 13 0330 - "la onda del alegria" and "Ritmos" mentions, then music. Strong and initially very clear with WLS very easily nulled, but 2 minutes later huge splatter from local-like WCBS on 880 (there was nearly no splatter at all using the Sanyo receiver, but the Phillips one is more sensitive in the 800-1000 kHz range wich is the radio I used the most while DX'ing this station). (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), Quebec, Canada
Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 and Phillips LW/MW portables with ferrite bar antennas

I was very surprised to not been able to hear Turks and Caicos-530. I only founded computer QRM from our neighborhoods on this frequency. Also only got Radio Progreso, WNNZ and a maybe a third station wich was probably remnants of nulled Mojo Radio on 640 kHz with not even a faint trace of Guadeloupe or Venezuela.

I tuned to the LW band and found a het 180 and 200 kHz (not sure exactly, but I presume 189) that I never heard before while aiming the radio east-west. I will try again tonight and if conditions are good I may get an ID from Iceland wich is very often reported here in North America on this channel. No other hets or signals were heard, not even France-162 wich Matt L received a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to ID my first TA.

I think Iceland-189 and Spain-585 on MW (because of their powerfull 600 kW and because they are on a wide 5 kHz split distance from domestic channels 580 and 590 wich have nothing too strong anyway) are my best bets for TA DX'ing and I hope to get these sometime.

Well, that's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan