[HCDX] Baghdad Back On The Air 1170 kHz!

[HCDX] Baghdad Back On The Air 1170 kHz!

Hello Dxers,

got some news for you..was listening to the BBC Arabic section today and I was lucky enough to hear a report about the return of radio Baghdad..

they were interviewing a guy called professor al'aa Sadek -I think-...he's responsible of the media and he mentioned that Radio Baghdad restarted broadcasting on 1170 kHz from 21.00 p.m till 1.00 a.m Baghdad time and the programs mainly music and announcements that this station will start broadcasting regularly on this frequency and welcoming reports. he also mentioned that this transmission is covering all Iraq....(well...I doubt it! TZ)

Baghdad time is UTC + 4.

some words as well about having some private radio&TV stations but not in the near future.

well that will keep you busy tonight guys

all the best from Cairo

TAREK ZEIDAN
Cairo,Egypt

Get Your 10MB account for FREE at http://mail.arabia.com !