[HCDX] GY on 1450

Hello !

Conditions are again misery like the past night with aurora, but aurora in Mya is not like Aurora in December when you have a dial (at least the lower part of it) full of SS with lots of Cubans and Venezuelans. Now in the beginning of May I do not even seem to get much in the way of southern domestics, but the graveyard frequencies are a lot clearer. The same NOS "Music Of Your Life" type of station I did note on 1450 kHz with the Sangean 606 and the long-wire comed throught a few minutes ago (with relatively few QRM ! - but quite some fadings, but at peaks a very strong signal) and this time with an ID I wasn't able to descipher at the top of the hour. Fortunatly I made a tape of some announcementsm two songs, the legal ID and the ABC news that followed; the call-letters mentionated at the top of the hour *sounded* like WWHS, but searching on Google only revealed an FM station on 92.1 with the "Tigre" slogan, nothing to do with what I heard at all. I also have a location mentionated twice (once during an announcement and the 2nd time during the legal ID just before the ABC news).

I'm too tired to encode what I heard in real-audio right now, but I'm 100% the second letter is W (the first one is more than obviously, it's not in an auroral evevening in May that I'll log anything west of Missisipi). It is "WW. HI, HS, IS", something like that. I hope to get to encode this one tomorrow.

That's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan