[HCDX] DDXD-E report

1070 CBA  Moncton, NB 5/04 0200 EDT - CBC ID, mention of "...Public Radios from around the world" then Radio Sweden program. Excellent signal with no co-channel interference and the strongest Canadian Maritime signal by far, tried to get KNX Los Angeles after hearing Cuba on 1180 (I even heard them at 0126 with a stronger signal and a bit less QRM from WHAM), Cuba-890 and Caicos-530, but no such luck ! (BC-QC)

1320 CKEC New Glasgow, NS - presumed with nx at 2202 EDT with a very good signal but with QRM from a nearby computer. Not even the faintest traces of WTAR or CJMR ! (BC-QC) + 5/04 0207 EDT - playing "Here I Am" by Bryan Adams. Very strong and clear signal with relatively minor interferences from WTAR-CT. (BC-QC)

1360 CKBC Bathurst, NB 5/04 0141 EDT - with pops. Did recognize the sound treatment of their audio wich accentuates the bets of the songs. Very strong, over / under increasing QRM from NOS stn (could be WLYN despite they are under 100 w at night ?) (BC-QC)

1450 WWHS Glenn Falls, NY 3/04 2200 EDT - heard two songs (one NOS and the other one light pop with announcements beetwen these songs followed by short ads, then legal ID followed by ABC news). Generally strong and atop and this has been the case all week when checking. The recent solar disturbances did make the GY channels very clear generally speaking; also had a sports station on 1340 (not the WSYR / WMCA stations wich are audible at poor-fair levels during the day-time via groundwave) along with probable WSKI-1240 and yet another NOS station on 1230. Any ideas on the NOS format heard on 1230 and the sports format heard on 1340 ?

1880 CINW 9-40 News, Montreal, QC (tx site near Châteaugay, QC); 2nd harmonic from my 940 kHz local with news and announcements // 940 (1880 was very good and 940 was excellent and extremely strong, of course), noted around 1335 EDT (BC-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), QC
Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830, Phillips and Panasonic Rx-D14 portables with their ferrite bar

After the runs of Cuba on 890 and 1180 and Caicos-530 I tried to do some domestic DX and wasn't disapointed at all. CBA was excellent on 1070 and other a bit more difficult to hear Canadian Maritimes domestics were also in on 1320 and 1360. I tried to hear CFCY on 630, but the channel had a strong CHLT with WPRO under and nothing else. 630 is my only good possibility for Prince Edward Island, since on 730 I'll have to do a listening endurance test to get past the intense splatter from the CKAC local pest.

73s,
Bogdan