[HCDX] New Zealand log

17675 NEW ZEALAND, Radio New Zealand International, Rangitaiki MAY 5 0504-0533 - End of the news with an item about the Cook Islands followed by pop/rock and alternative rock mx. show with man announcer. Did play a wild variety of fairly recent pop/rock tunes and a new tune by Eurythmics. They talked about several things beetwen the songs, not all of them were music-related, unlike the UK Top 20 (or 50 ?) show on the BBC. This is a plus, if you want more variated program it worth listening to a smaller international broadcaster like RNZI. Signal strenght was fair to huge, sometimes as huge that it maked me searching for Radio Imperial 17.835 MHz on the same broadcast band, but with no luck. (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu
Sangean 606 rx with longwire antenna outside
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), Quebec, Canada

Also heard Radio Educacíon on 6185 kHz from Mexico with jazz music as reported by Mike Beu on // 1060 along with unID weak music station on 6010 somewhat hammered by Radio Havana Cuba 10 kHz away on 6000 kHz wich had an extremely strong signal. Got somethign on 6030, but didn't sound Romanian (I usually get RFE-RL Romanian service when Radio Marti pause their tx on Monday mornings), maybe Radio Santa Maria in Coyhaique, Chile altough the signal when tuned to 6029 was a bit still-too much distorted for 6029.6 (the frequency listed in PWBR). Could anyone tell me if Radio Santa Maria is on the split frequency of 6029.6 or on the exact 6030 ? Arnaldo Slaen, what do you get on 6030 kHz ? The signal was too poor and too fadey to identify the language, so I'm not sure if it was Spanish or not.

That's it for now !
I wish a good week to everyone,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan