[HCDX] Condx the past night: two new Mexicans outlets

[HCDX] Condx the past night: two new Mexicans outlets

Hello to all of you !

The past night after I founded out in the PWBR that Radio Mexico International have Spanish programs beetwen 0000 and 0400 UTC, I turned my Sangean radio on 11770 and found some mariacci music  at a fair-good level and a few minutes later founded a parallel with 9705 kHz wich was even stronger !

Radio Bandeirantes was way up at times on 9646 kHz (my Sangean 606 rx cannot receive the split frequency of 9645.9) and Brasil Central was quite readable in the beginning of the listening session on 4985, despite really terrible computer growl interferences on this channel.

Venezuelan Radio Tachira was also up on 4830 kHz, but 5000 kHz was all WWV unfortunatly. I will try for YVTO just before sunset before WWV fades-in, this evening.

Radio New Zealand International was really huge on 17675 kHz, best I've heard them in a while.

Not long before I got to bed I founded lively Mexican music on 6010 with a man ancr. and I'm almost 100% it was XEOI Radio Mil; the signal was quite strong, but RHC was very badly modulated on 6000 kHz, so I heard quite some splatter from them wich maked the reception pretty poor. A big thanks to George Maroti for pointing out to me they are active. Earlier in the evening 6010 was dominated by the BBC from Rampisham, UK wich was easily readable only when tuned to as high as 6013, because of the RHC really badly modulated signal. The reception on 6013 wasn't in parallel with the BBC Antigua relay on 9575 wich was very huge and it is very huge every night here in Montreal. Of course BBC Rampisham is a service for Eastern Europe and the Mideast while 5975 is a service for the Caribbean, Central and North America. But 6010 is also one of my best chances for hearing Chilean domestic radio, and I would really love to get Radio Parinacota wich is very active. When Radio Marti pause it's transmission on Sunday evenings at 11 PM EDT I should be able to hear Radio Santa Maria on 6030 kHz if they're active. Did Radio Santa Maria is active on SW ?

But the two biggest dissapointments were not being able to hear Radio Huyacoctla on 2390 kHz and Radio Imperial on 17835 kHz at all. I wonder what is the best time to hear these stations.

That's it for now,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan
Btw.: The past afternoon I went with my father in Ile-Perrôt and I was able to hear using just the telescopic antenna of my Sangean 606, some poor reception of Africa Numéro Un on 9580 with African mx. I couldn't hear much on SW though. On FM despite we were in a relatively fringe area for some of the locals, I could still hear spurs on many places accros the dial. Strongest was on 106.7 where I could hear Cité Rock Détente 107.3 mixing with VPR 107.9 (in Burlington !). I did notice that often with the telescopic antenna do brings some overload even from SEMI-local stations, not just locals.

On the positive part, I've heard Ottawan FM via aircraft scatter when one or two planes passed across us. The best was CHEZ wich was excellent in and out for about 8 or 9 seconds over CIMO Magog.