[HCDX] Latin American MW logs for tonight

[HCDX] Latin American MW logs for tonight

530 TURKS AND CAICOS, Radio Vision Cristiana, South Caicos MAY 16 0311-0322 - Male SS vocal followed by a "Radio Visión Cristiana Internacional" jingle, then man wich briefly talked about "El Señor", then a woman Spanish gospel song. Fair signal with some fluttery fadings and a low growl. (Chiochiu-QC)

1140 unID, MAY 16 0309-0310 - A second signal noted with WRVA. Could this be the Isla Margarita station (wich I logged as tentative a few times before) ? (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu
Sanyo MCD-S830 portable with it's internal ferrite bar loop antenna
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), QC

No other Latins noted on MW tonight. 1180 had only strong remains of nulled WHAM and on 1110 WBT was extremely weak.

I didn't had enough time to check SW tonight; way too much homeworks on biology and maths and I also sleeped almost 3 hours this afternoon between about 5 PM and 7:40 PM EDT and until 10 PM afterwards I eated and I've got to do my homeworks, then I listened to some MP3s on the computer and after 11 PM I managed to do a quick MW bandscan. Conditions seems very short-skip dominated, especially on the low-band. On 640 I could easily null CHGO Mojo Radio and get WNNZ and vice-versa, both with strong to very strong signals. 630 had a huge WPRO; on 610 WIP was strong (though not strong enough to override a computer growl that do obliterate 610 tonight) and WICC was very good on 600 kHz. Also on 530 I could null Radio Vision Cristiana and get ethnic music out of CIAO-Toronto. I'm not sure but I think it's the first time in the spring-summer I get this station wich only runs 250w at night.

I'll go to bed in a half-hour or so and I'll re-check the MW band again to see if I can get some Mexicans like XERED on 1110 (especially considering that WBT was extremly weak when I checked them around 11:07 PM) and some of the stronger YVs like Union Radio 640 wich runs 24H, though excellent signal of WNNZ will probably kill this one for me. They are so strong, I'm sure they are staying with the day-time power of 50 kW, instead of 5 kW.

Well, that's it for now !,
I will eat an icecream, I will do a bit of DX and afterwards I will go to bed,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan