Re: [HCDX] Radio Melodia nf?

> 6042.55 0718 COLOMBIA Radio Melodía, SF de Bogotá, pres. the weak station
> here with lengthy newscast and the off "Melodía" spoken over the news
> readers by an FA. Ormandy May 29
> Paul Ormandy
> ZL4TFX

Paul,
I heard Radio Melodia last night (29 MAY, 2315 UTC) on 6139,8 kHz. In fact heard no
ID, but Colombia mentioned several times + time announcement "6:20 en Colombia" at
2320 UTC. Then - suddenly - switched off at 2321 ! Nice reception here in the middle
of Europe.

In fact I was alerted since last evening when I saw K-index jumping on 8, so I
expected improved (auroral) conditions along southern paths on low frequencies.
Especially Brazil was coming in with nice signals in the 60- and 49 meters. Not so
often heard stations like R. Guarujá 5980 kHz, R. Difusora, Taubaté on 4925 kHz...
Angola on 4950 kHz was just in Hi-Fi quality. I have been watching the bands between
2200-0110 UTC (29/30 MAY). Then I had to go to bed because it was 3:10am local time
and a normal working day before me...

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)