Re: [HCDX] UNID 6940

So did you check 910? I suspect you have a local or near-local which is mixing with a strong SW signal, i.e. R. Martí on 6030 to produce 6940. Check 6030 also to see if it match.

Glenn Hauser

----Original Message Follows---- From: Jkwood124@xxxxxxx To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [HCDX] UNID 6940 Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:51:39 EDT

heard a Spanish speaking station on 06/01/03, 0020-0043+ Z bx Latin American
Mx with a fairly strong signal. The ancr was a YL. The signal was readable
from 6938-6942. I was getting QRM from MW station broadcasting a Braves game on
a stated Freq of 910 kHz. The only SW station I know about near 6940 is
Ethiopia, and I doubt they have a Spanish service. Does anybody have any thoughts on
this one?

73
Joe Wood
Gray TN