Re: [HCDX] Re: Radio 10 on 1395 kHz

Hi,

Bad news for MW DXers:

 I just read on the Radio 10 Web site that 1395 kHz will only be on the air
 between 0400 and 1800 UTC, not 24h.

Why bad news? I'm pleased that they don't occupy another DX-channel overnight.

Well, a sign on at 04 (or 05) UTC wintertime *is* bad news for a channel like 1390 at my latitude.

Let's face it, Martin, there's simply no reason at all for using so many MW channel in Europe (with the power levels involved, I mean). Personally, I don't know of a single person tuning to the MW band outside our circle. Not when almost everybody listens only to music programmes on local FM or news on car radios, when they don't watch satellite TV. Not if considering that night time wide area reception is complete nonsense in a region where people are at sleep or if they're awake switch languages, cultures and advertised products every 100 kilometers. Of course, I know what's good for me, might be bad for TA DXers in North America (where they cut the power, at night)

73s, Andy