[HCDX] Radio Okapí

Yesterday evening seemed good for Africa with Mauritania booming in on 4845 kHz.

So - as haven't been on the bands really for ages - listened in on 6030 kHz as Radio OkapÍ from (Kinshasa?) would be new to me. Tuned in at 22.18 and lovely congolese songs and western soul was heard. But a hard nut to crack - only once heard the DJ (though then very clear) say 'Okapí - ' then a few words on local language. Some later DJ ann's which could have been in French - very hard to judge, but absolutely no 'Okapí' could be heard there, and on top of tunes.No other IDs, seemingly, until I left at 2305. Signal peaked here at 2240. Easily reported on soundtrack, but hardly possible 'the oldfashioned way'. Not easy to ID at this music hour.

By the way, tuned in on 4845 this very moment and found NO signal whatsoever on 4845 agn, i.e. no Mauritania at ard 1910. News reports at scarce here, when it comes to countries like Mauritania, so haven't been able to follow latest developments.

73's OMs
Finn Krone