[HCDX] MW loggings

The following stations were heard while doing some in the shack work. I
parked on 1520, started the recorder and went over it later. Too early for KOMA.
Trying to clean up the winter antenna damage before the bugs get too bad. Lots
of rust on my EWE termination boxes, and on the vertical, so I cleaned and
painted them. I also added a counterpoise under my E/W EWE and boy did it make a
difference ! Not so much in the nulls, but the gain came way up. I'll have to
make some daytime comparisons to see just how much it helped, but now the EWE
runs equal to my 55 ft vertical which it never did before.

Icom R71a, east EWE, recorded on 233mhz PC:

1500khz WPJX Zion, IL 6.12.03 1500cdt good 50's music, " AM 1500 W P J X,
Zion". east EWE, null on 1510 WAUK. JW-WI

1520khz WJMP Kent, OH 6.12.03 1520cdt fair "Music of your life , W J M P".
east EWE. JW-WI

1520khz WQCT Bryan, OH 6.12.03 1600cdt good " W Q C T Bryan ... the musical
memories station on your radio" into ABC news. east EWE. JW-WI

1520khz WMLM Alma, MI 6.12.03 1600cdt fair under WQCT " real country music
voice in mid Michigan, this is W M L M 1520 ... " on east EWE. JW-WI

1520khz WWKB Buffalo, NY 6.12.03 1700cdt fair with local baseball game and
full ident. "KB Radio 1520"  on east EWE. JW-WI

73 !

John Wilke
WB9UAI
Milwaukee, WI