[HCDX] Miscellanous DX things - Computer and radio broked / Mtl tropo in Beauport (almost 300 kilometers away !) / Congratulations to UK DXers for having TA-FM DX !

[HCDX] Miscellanous DX things - Computer and radio broked / Mtl tropo in Beauport (almost 300 kilometers away !) / Congratulations to UK DXers for having TA-FM DX !

Hello to all of you !

First of all shortly after I posted on HCDX and the other lists about my reception of Cuba-1180 on the night of June 18 my computer was locked and when I restarted it didn`t work properly anymore (we had a very big virus) and then on June 28 I did leave for a summer camp wich I didn`t like at all (the worst thing was that a little child of 9 years old did broke the tape recorder of my Sanyo portable). My father will look for a repairer tomorrow or Saturday.

Using my Sangean 606 portable with it`s telescopic whip on Wensday July 2, I heard 105.7 Rythme FM with the recognizable voice of Mario Lirette, as well as Mix 96 IDs and Justin Timberlake "Show Me The River" on 95.9 (this was splattering a little bit into the CBC local on 96.1 !) as well as CKOI obviously (wich was often heard via tropo-scatter as well), CKOO Cool FM 98.5 and more surprisingly Q92 (CFQR 92.5) wich don`t get out too well east of Montreal (when I heard tropo-scatter from 95.9 and 96.9 just west of Quebec City on the car-radio, 92.5 was COMPLETLY empty), and tentative CISM 89.3. There were interferences from a semi-local station on 99.7 (Mix Quatre-Ving Dix-Neuf Sept), so I couldn`t hear CJPX. Nothing from Ottawa though, 93.9 had weak Quebecor French and the other Ottawan channels were either empty or with weak FF semi-locals or adjacent channel splatter.

Now I`m back and one of the first things I did read today was the accomplishment of TA-FM DX by UK guys. Paul Logan had a station in Maine (WHCR) along with New-Foundland and Quebec signals; he also had unID pop music on 95.9. In my opinion, this was almost certainly Mix 96 (CJFM) wich is was one of the extremely few good local stations (in my opinion) here. They were audible weakly with signal variations past Trois-Rivières en route to the Summer Camp wich is near Quebec City, in Beauport. They were also very strong in full stereo during the

Paul Logan, I really think you had Mix 96 on 95.9 wich would make a triple-hop FM opening if this is possible (Montreal is a bit far for 2Es from Northern Ireland). I suggest you send a recording to the station as soon as you can. They have a web-site at http://www.themix.com/.

73 and good DX !
Bogdan