From: "Gary Crites" <pacificdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HCDX] Beware of "Slinky Antennas"
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:47:17 -0400 (EDT)

I know this is a DX site but I thought you might all get a laugh out of this one. I like to drive out to some remote area and string a wire but lately I've been using a toy Slinky clipped to my car under pretty high tension. The advantage of the Slinky is that if I get too close or too far from the pole I clip to the Slinky is always tight and straight.

Of course it's only a matter of time before some unsuspecting old lady hiker comes walking down the railroad tracks not looking where she's going and... KA-WAM! Yes, the Slinky pulled loose and hit her right in the face! She wasn't too happy.

I'm in the process now of building a loop antenna for MW.

73's
Gary Crites
Eureka, California

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com