[HCDX] My First Post to the List/ and a Mystery Transmission

[HCDX] My First Post to the List/ and a Mystery Transmission

Hi,
My name is Gloria and I'm in Las Cruces, NM about 50 miles north of El Paso, TX.....in what I've seen described as a "weak" listening area. I'm listening with a Grundig YB400PE with a supplied reel antenna inside around my window. A few days ago I put up a 24 ft. insulated, stranded 12 gauge wire which only reaches about 12 feet high. Since then stations which I was barely hearing are coming in with much stronger signals on a good day.

Right now I have a mystery on my hands!!

Today, 7/13 at 12.21 UTC I picked up a station on 9525. I listened until 1303 when it went off the air. This is supposed to be a Radio Poland broadcast to Europe at that time/freq. But that's not what was coming in.

It was a music show playing ballads and "light disco" (not English) with a male and female host. The woman did most of the talking. I thought they might be talking some dialect of Spanish or Portuguese; it was very "soft", not sounding like "staccato" at all. Later in the program it sounded like they were doing dedications or reading listener mail...I heard mentions of "Johannes," "Japon," and "Australia." At one point the man said in English, "Always be happy and smile " before playing another ballad.
At 12:54 News of some sort came on and I heard the man say "B -AH- M. There were mentions of Okinawa, Jakarta, Japan International, and Papua. After a reference to Indonesia, some music composed of bells and chimes, very Asian sounding, came ouit and at 13:02 an very serious anthem came on before cutoff at 13:03

When I did a freq. search at http://hfradio.org/swbc/ I found absolutely nothing that corresponded to this broadcast!!

Does anybody have a clue??

Gloria

--
"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels--men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, we may never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."- Dwight D. Eisenhower,
May 31, 1954

???
www.questionw.com