From: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Aart Rouw
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 8:27 AM
To: HCDX Mailinglist
Subject: [HCDX] RRI Serui

Dear all,
Against the trend of the last few years some Indonesian TB stations seem to
undergo a kind of revival. Apart from RRI Wamena (4870 kHz) and RRI Fak-Fak
(4790 kHz),  the Grayland DXpedition reported RRI Serui  with good signal.
However, I am a bit confused about the frequency of the latter one. For
years this has been 4606.5 kHz (give or take a few 100 Hz). This is also
what the highly respected Grayland people reported.

Guy Atkins :.
"4606.4 INDONESIA RRI Serui, Jul 13 1140 - Male announcer slowly &
continuously reading a list of names in Indonesian. Rather monotonous, but
finally played a nice lagu romantik tune at 1152. ID 1158 and into Song of
the Coconut Islands 1159. Network relay 'Radio Indonesia, Waktu Indonesia
Barat' at 1200. Excellent S9+10db signal with great modulation. New Japanese
transmitter for Serui? (Atkins-WA)"

Recently there have been some reports about this station now broadcasting on
4605 (or 4604.9) kHz
See a.o.
www.kdscholz.de/dxer/dswci/logs2003.htm

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Ogino/bcl/logging.htm

Over the last week, I myself have been busy trying to identify a station on
4605 kHz, starting transmissions around 2000UTC.

Reception quality rather poor. Announcement may be Indonesian, but difficult
to judge. Reception usually "peaks" (i.e. comes close to being somewhat
readable), around 2030. Signal strength decreases considerably after 2050
UTC.  One time, maybe a trace of SCI at 2100 UTC

Has all the propagation characteristics of an RRI station from Irian Jaya.
However, no positive ID so far.

Does someone know the true situation regarding RRI Serui ? What frequency is
right ? Or do they use different frequencies for morning and evening
transmissions ?

Regards,
Aart Rouw
Bühl, Germany