[HCDX] Thanks to all who wrote about Voice of Indonesia...

[HCDX] Thanks to all who wrote about Voice of Indonesia...

Just wanted to thank all who wrote and I will try to answer you all personally over the next few days!!

I'm happy to report that my little wire is now bringing in Swiss Radio Internationl pretty well now....Yesterday, 7/15 I listened to the whole Swiss Info program at 1930 on 15220!  Since I'm in NM and not in the ME or Africa, I was quite pleased!

Here's a general rundown of what I pick up easily...in the AM I wake up to Radio Canada on 13655 and can also pick up Thailand and N. Korea sometimes, as well as China and Japan. Radio for Peace on 15040 can be spotty...I'm also surprised they aren't received here as well as I would have thought.  Nights, at bedtime in MDT, it's Netherlands, Japan, and Australia and New Zealand, which all come in loud and clear!!  I can pick up Deutsche Welle some afternoons.  Belgium is very strong, so are  Spain and Taiwan--I love their intro music and anthem!! It seems like I pick up things aimed at Africa quite often and sometimes, quite well!

My biggest disappointment is the Voice of Russia, which seems to always be very weak and full of static.

I would love to increase my antenna power. Grundig recommends an Eavesdropper-C dipole from Universal, but a man I just met says just through up a longer wire! I'm afraid of overload and don't know if I would need a "pre-selector."   I'm eying 16 ft tall wooden poles in Home Depot and maybe I can lash one to a storm fence post and concoct a suppor that way!

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Note to Glenn Hauser--a couple of issues back in your DX Report, a reader posted a weblink to an article about Shortwave that they picked up at Buzzflash.com.   That was my article!!!!!

--
"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels--men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine.  As their heirs, we may never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."- Dwight D. Eisenhower,
May 31, 1954

Visit http://www.zianet.com/insightanalytical
 Home of the Buzzflash World Media Watch and Tune in the World: How to Listen to Shortwave Broadcasts via Radio and the Internet