AW: [HCDX] Flash: New RCI Relay site: Hoax or truth?

AW: [HCDX] Flash: New RCI Relay site: Hoax or truth?

> My good friend and fellow Victoria DXer, Colin Newell forwarded this URL
> regarding a new relay station to be erected by RCI on the west coast of
> Canada.  At this time I'm not sure whether this is a hoax, or fact.  There
> are numerous spelling errors in the preamble.  Further clarification is
> needed!!!
>
> Here's the URL:  http://cbc.am/rci-bc.htm
>
> Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw, MD
>      Victoria, BC, Canada

In the 1980's there were some information circulating about plans to erect a
new SW station on Canada's west coast.
During the last 15 years RCI faced several financial cut-backs which forced
them to stop broadcasting in german and other language services and/or to
reduce its output too.

The erection of a new SW station needs a lot of money. Maintainance is
expensive too. Since the end of the cold war more and more SW stations
switched over to lease air time from others because they also faced
cut-backs.

If it is not a hoax - what will happen to Sackville? Close-down that site, a
future like DTK Juelich?
But I think it's a hoax! In my opinion CBC would use it's own web-site to
spread such information. ".am" leads to ARMENIA! The content seems to be
"professional made" using the VoA HF Propagation software. But everyone may
download it via NIIA/ITS web-site and use or abuse this programme. A late
April-fool hoax ...?

Best wishes from very hot Wuppertal
vy 55 + 73

Manfred Reiff
mrreiff@xxxxxxxxxx --- kwn@xxxxxxxx
(Editor of "Shortwave-News" and "News from the Middle East" of the EAWRC)
www.mrreiff.de  ---  www.stvoy.de  ---   www.dxworld.de
Member of ADDX, EAWRC and WWDXC
All times in UTC, all frequencies in kHz
Receiver:  AOR AR-7030plus / Antenna Tuner YAESU FRT-7700
QTH:       Wuppertal-Cronenberg  51?12'23" N / 07?07'44"E