Re: [HCDX] Is Computer Logging DX?

Hi Mark,

Friday, August 8, 2003, 5:34:58 AM, you wrote:

> Radio New Zealand International have recently received a Reception
> report requesting a QSL from an Internet logging on a Pentium 4
> Computer.
> It raises some interesting points on whether logging a station is
> really DX and worth a QSL?

> Any genuine feedback or comment will be passed on to Radio NZ International

DX stands for a distant and unknown station. Distance does not mean
anything on the internet and listening to an audio stream seems to me
much more like a telephone call rather than a challenge.

If the station is willing to send "QSLs" as a kind of PR, that's fine.

I'm not interested in such confirmations, but if other listeners have
fun collecting them - alright. It's a hobby and we should try to
covince those listeners that shortwave has it's own quality.

My 2 ct.

Willi Passmann