[HCDX] shortwave DX logs from Île-Bizard on August 22

[HCDX] shortwave DX logs from Île-Bizard on August 22

Bogdan Chiochiu
Sangean 606 portable rx w/ long-wire antenna in the trees

4845 MAURITANIA, Radio Mauritanie, Nouakchott AUG 22 2217 - Loud with AA talk and AA mx; SIO 444. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

4885 BRAZIL, Radio Clube do Para AUG 22 2329 - tuned in during the legal ID that mentioned their "onda media" frequency of 690 kHz, followed by a program of lively Brazilian music. Heard on a regular basis, but it`s the first time I heard this with an ID. New ! (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

4915 Ghana, Ghana Broadcasting Corp. Radio One, Accra AUG 22 2307 - with R&B music mixed with Brazil. SIO 422. While the Radio Anhanguera co-channel interference was high, it`s the first time in a very long time I got them with such a very good signal ! The propagation to West Africa on 60 meters was really good yesturday; I even ID`ed a new one. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

4915 BRAZIL, Radio Anhanguera, Goiâna AUG 22 2259 - ID w/ ment. of "Radio Anhanguera", into futbol play-by-play; mixing with an equally strong R&B music pgm from Ghana. SIO 422 (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

4985 BRAZIL, Radio Brasil Central, Goiâna AUG 22 2331-2334 - "Radio Brasil Central" mention and mention of a religious program that had the world "coraçao" (heart) in it wich followed. Strong signal, but with fairly intense QRM from static scraches; SIO 423. //11815 wich had much less static QRM (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

5010 DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Radio Cristal International, Santo Domingo AUG 22 2347 - with a very up-beat meringue song and DJ talking over the song. Very strong; the strongest Latin American signal on 60 meters by now ! (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

5025 CUBA, Radio Rebelde, Havana AUG 22 2322 - Noted in passing w/ man talk at weak-fair levels with lots of rapid and fairly deep fadings, SIO 222. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

5030 BURKINA FASO, Radio Burkina, Ouagadougou AUG 22 2323 - Presumed with traditionnal African music. Good to fair-poor. SIO 322-1. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

5047 TOGO, Radio Togo, Lomé-Togblekope AUG 22 2236 - Talk w/ mention of Togo during local music pgm. New ! (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

6010 CHILE, Radio Parinacota, Putre AUG 22 2224-2235 - followed this one for over 10 minutes; woman talked and mentioned "dia", "diez" and "Putre" followed by a man announcer who talked and mentionated "Parinacota". Very weak signal with some very minor RHC-6000 splatter too, but occasionally readable. New ! (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

6080 BRAZIL, unID station AUG 22 2247 - Man in Portuguese, at fair level but with intense and fairly rapid fadings. Will check 4915 for a // the next time to see if it is Radio Anhanguera. Otherwise, I will be more than happy to get an ID for Radio Novas de Paz. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

7450 GREECE, Foni Tis Helladas, Athens AUG 22 2208 - Assumedly the Voice of Greece`s Greek Service, with "Elliniki Radiofonia" and "Foni Tis Helladas" mentions beetwen Greek music selections, wich were very nice by the way ! Fair, but very clear signal with no QRM at all; SIO 354. New station and also new country ! I`ve heard Voice of Greece before, but it was via a Canadian relay in the 19 MB, it`s the first time I hear this outlet and this country ! (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

11815 BRAZIL, Radio Brasil Central, Goiâna AUG 22 2332 - Noted in // with 4915 with almost no static QRM at all. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

11925 BRAZIL, Radio Bandeirantes, Sao Paulo AUG 22 2315 - Man in PP, mixed with a second unID station. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

Of all the 3 mini-DXpeditions to Île-Bizard this one was by far the most succesfull. 4 new loggings, including the low-powered domestic Chilean, Radio Parinacota on 6010. What a thrill !

That`s it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan