[HCDX] Bogdan's 96.3 log

At 06:52 PM 8/23/2003 -0400, aurel chiochiu wrote:
96.3 CHLY Kitchener, ON AUG 21 1941 EDT - Fair reception with relatively intense Duppler effect, with "...CHLY..." ID beetwen two C&W tunes. Right now, this is my furthest ID`ed Tropo Ducting catche on FM. (Chiochiu-Î-B-QC)

Bogdan, there is no "CHLY" in Kitchener, nor any 96.3 there. Kingston has country station CFMK, but it never uses those calls ("Country 96" is the usual ID). So I have NO idea what this station, which you claim to have heard twice now, might actually be.

104.3 unIDs AUG 21 1956 EDT - 3 stations mixing here, one with oldies, another one with American country music and one in FF with ads, mentioned "La Saile" or something like that, probably a name of a city I`m not familiar with - nothing to do with Lasalle here in the south-western part of the Montreal island. In any event one of the english-speaking station was probably WOMG in Detroit, MI like other WTFDA`ers reported (I have no way to proove it at all though) and the FF station may have been CHGO in Val d`Or wich was widely heard in Ontario and New England. (Chiochiu-P-QC)

Your country station is almost certainly WFRG Utica, the most powerful FM signal in central New York. The oldies was likely
WOMC (not WOMG); "LaSalle" is a common place name in southeast Michigan, which was settled by the French (where d'ya
think "Detroit" came from?) before the English ever showed up there...