[HCDX] 2 NEW Radio Sawa logs !!

Hello to all of you !

This afternoon I managed to re-install the long-wire in our own back-yard wich I didn`t manage to do since I returned from the summer camp near Quebec City were my Sanyo radio broked (I taked it instead on our travels to New-Bruntswick and Île-Bizard) and managed to pull in this while sitting on our table in the back-yard, on the patio:

12010 PHILLIPINES, Radio Sawa via VOA AUG 24 2137-2154 - playing "You Got It (The Right Stuff)" by New Kids on the Block from 1988 followed by a jingle featuring short bits of AA and international pops with mention of "Arabia Saudia", followed by an Arabic pop tune, then "Sawa" jingle followed by Jennifer Lopez - Glad, then Radio Sawa jingle followed by nx, then Arabic pops presented by a male announcer. Fair to very good reception, //12040 wich had only poor-fair reception. Both NEW ! (Chiochiu-QC)

12050 EGYPT, Egyptian Radiom, Kafr Silîm-Abis AUG 24 2155 - Only PRESUMED ! (darn I could have gotten an ID if that stupid Sangean with it`s weak batteries didn`t turned off) with traditionnal AA song followed by apparent nx. Didn`t even know if they had pips and ID at the top of the hour. Very, very good reception and would have been new for me. (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
Sangean 606 rx w/long-wire antenna in the back-yard, DX`ing from a table on our patio

I did read in the IDXD bulletin of NRC that Radio Sawa is a radio station run by the Americans in Iraq who program a mixture of new Arabic pop songs and modern international pop music, like Jennifer Lopez, but I didn`t believe I will hear them someday. My Sangean 606 is really sensitive and selectif on SW, unlike my first SW radio I did got as a gift for my 13 years in 2000, a poor Realistic DX-351 multi-band radio wich aside from not having good gain at all for receptions of SW broadacsters below the "good" level of signal, had the selectivity so poor, that I sometimes thought I did not even had a filter. It also overloaded very easily on the extremely strong major international broadcast signal like the VOA.

I also noted Medi Un on 9575 with traditionnal Arabic music at good level with moderate splatter from Africa Numéro Un on 9580 at around 2132 UTC before I came accros the Radio Sawa outlets. And before DX`ing Medi Un, I heard tentatively the Voice of the Islamic Republic of Iran on 11885 and CHU on both 3330 and 7335 with poor to fair signals, so they are back to full-power. Unfortunatly, I can`t DX anymore now because all the batteries we have are weak and the sound on my Sangean is distortionated and often it witches off by it`s self with a reverse 3 message (E) for Error and I can`t turned it on for minutes in a row. This is sad, because I found a power supply on our  patio where I connected a portable radio with microphone tape recorder and managed to record a very little bit of the 12010 Radio Sawa program until the radio switched off by it`s self ! I also managed to record a traditionnal Arabic tune from presumably Egyptian Radio on 12050, but the Sangean 606 switched off toward the end of the song and now just a song out of nowhere doesn`t make any sense on a tape that absolutely need to contain station IDs from the signals I hear.

Bogdan