Re: [HCDX] Thailand On 7260 kc

Dear Thomas,

> They just shutdown at 1230 UTC with a VOA ID so my guess that it's using
> the VOA transmitters and antennas is correct. Now the next question is
> did I log the VOA International Service or the Thailand internal
> service. Either way it's not a new logging for me.

Yes, indeed, you did listen to Thailand. The transmitter site is Udorn Thani
in the north-east of the country, close to the Lao border.

This transmitter site is used by Radio Thailand (RTG) as well as IBB (VoA,
Radio Liberty,etc.) and is in operation since the mid 90's. Before that date
no other VoA relay did exist in Thailand with the exception of a mediumwave
transmitter operating on 1575 kHz near Bangkok.

This is, what you obviously heard:

     7260	1100  	1115  	RTG   	RTG1	VIET	UDO    	05  	144
     7260	1115  	1130  	RTG   	RTG1	KHME	UDO    	05  	144
     7260	1130  	1230  	VOA   	T   	INDO	UDO    	05  	144

source: http://sds.his.com:4000/fmds_z/schedules/cur_freqsked.txt

There are still two OWN SW transmitters of Radio Thailand in Pathumthani
(near Bangkok) in operation:

ca. 1100-1200 UT on 6070 and 7115 kHz.

73, Uwe

Lehrte, Germany