[HCDX] R. Free Cascadia International

In case you didn`t notice in DXLD 3-159 and 3-161, a new political clandestine
is supposed to start today Sept 10. I tried to post this some days ago on the WOR
section of hard-core-dx, but it never appeared, and hcdx appears to be stalled for
a few days anyway, but I am sending this before the first scheduled broadcast!

73, Glenn Hauser

** MEXICO [non?]. EXCLUSIVE: The World Trade Organization is about to
meet in Cancún, México, but the opponents to globalization have been
there the previous week organizing ``Contra-Cumbre`` protests and
Independent Media Center coverage; more at
http://cancun.mediosindependientes.org/

We are informed that there will be special shortwave broadcasts Sept
10 thru 14, on this approximate schedule:

Primary:           1700-0500 UT on 15045
Daytime alternate: 1700-2300    on 17552.5 variable
Evening alternate: 2300-0500    on  9310 variable
Depending on propagation and other factors, the broadcasts may run
instead between 1900 and 0700 UT. Band changes will require at least
one hour.

Note: We are assured this has NO connexion with RFPI, but a frequency
near RFPI`s currently inactive channel was apparently chosen
deliberately (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 1198, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [non?]. A Special Event Transponder from Radio Free Cascadia
  email RFCI: radio985@xxxxxxx

RFCI will broadcast on the world shortwave band to Central and
America, September 10th to 14th. We broadcast in solidarity with the
thousands of people who are protesting the World Trade Organization in
Cancun, Mexico and around the world, indigenous peoples in the
Americas and worldwide, and all others who are resisting oppression
and global domination by corporations, governments, and trans-
governmental capitalist organizations such as the WTO.

RCFI will relay streaming audio sources from Cancun, and will
originate programming in Spanish and English, including live reports
from Cancun, news, commentary, and music of resistance and revolution,
especially from the Americas. Our signal will be directed at Mexico
and may also be heard in Cuba, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, and other
nations of Latin America, and in the U.S.

Radio Free Cascadia International is a direct action of resistance and
solidarity. We modulate the air as freely as we breathe it, as a
challenge to those who would claim ownership and control of the
natural elements, peoples, and creatures of the Earth.

Broadcast Schedule

It is our intention that most of the broadcast be in Spanish, but we
are not able to provide a language schedule at this time.

Primary Schedule: 1700-0500 UT (12 Noon-12 Midnight Central [Cancun]
Time) on frequency 15045 kilohertz

Daytime alternate schedule: 1700-2300 UT (Noon-6 PM Central)
on frequency 17552.5 kilohertz variable

Evening alternate schedule: 2300-0500 UT (6 PM-12 Midnight Central)
on frequency 9310 kilohertz variable

Depending on propagation and other factors, the broadcasts may run
instead between 1900 and 0700 UT (2 PM-2 AM Central). Band changes
will require at least one hour.
(from http://www.efn.org/~radio985/RFCI/index.htm via DXLD)

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es