[HCDX] R. Free Cascadia International inbooming

[HCDX] R. Free Cascadia International inbooming

No sign of R. Free Cascadia International here Sept 10, but my anonymous contact says they tested 15045 between 0200 and 0500 UT Thursday Sept 11, when I did not hear them. On Sept 9 and 10 checks, I did notice very occasional 2-way SSB on 15043, seemingly military traffic, users who would not be happy about this. Also, some very weak non-voice utility of some sort centered on 17551.

Rechecked 15045 Sept 11 at 1912 UT and they were on with a booming signal, mostly music, but half-heard an announcement in English about testing. 1930 joined something in Spanish with revolutionary chanting; around 2000 music in an Indian language, but few announcements. Big signal, but quite a hum too, obvious during long pauses. Intermittent ``gurgler`` QRM lasting only a few seconds each time, but sometimes obliterating RFCI while it lasted, such as 2008, 2013. RFCI went off without announcement at 2032*. Did not recheck until 2218 when it was on again with program in English, but audio rather distorted, perhaps an internet feed. 2256 into Spanish interview with a (North?) Korean compañero, 2310 more music. Finally caught definite ID in Spanish at 2325, ``La Radio Libre International ``Cascades`` . . . parte norte de las Américas``. 2342 into an unnamed 55-minute program to be mainly about the Chilean 9\11. Still loud at 0025 Sept. 12. Perhaps if 15045 works this well day and night they won`t need the 9 and 17 MHz frequencies? But they planned to try 9310 UT Fri or more likely Sat (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See MEXICO [non] in DXLD 3-159, 3-161

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es