[HCDX] Somalia

Hi all,
The following interesting information was sent to me in an email from Sam Voron in Somalia. I'd like to share it with you all.
73 from Björn Fransson on the island of Gotland, Sweden

COPY:
Hi Bjorn,

I have been in Garowe the last 2 days to talk with the President of Puntland, Abdulai Yussef during his short stay before he returns to the Somalia Government creation talks in Kenya.

I also met the Minister of Information and Telecommunications about Somalia using the human resources in the country to operate a world wide shortwave service which would help bring the country together using all the news sources that have developed around the country. Such an International radio would also give a voice to Africa and to the positive aspect of Islam and to developing nations.
The Minister of Information and Telecommunications will approach USA, EU ,Russian and other representatives to build such a facility in peaceful Puntland to get on air immediately and which can be expanded into the 4th world wide broadcaster after BBC, VOA and Radio Moscow.

The big 800Watt amplifier is back on line so you can try to listen again.

They were using only 15Watts AM while I was away but I heard them in Garowe which is the Puntland State capital 250km north of Galkayo.

I will most likely leave for Kismayo the following Thursday with a very small chance I might leave this Thursday.

Keep listening!

Regards,
Sam Voron