[HCDX] Logs from NH, Sept.30-Oct.04

6050, TIBET, Xizang PBS,Lhasa, 2207-2225, OCt.1, CH,
YL w/ mx bits and tlks, OM briefly over mx (ID?), Poor
w/ co-ch. HCJB battling for dominance. (Barbour-NH)

6160, NEWFOUNDLAND, CKZN/CGBN, 0954-1005, Sept.30, EG,
Prg. "Labrador Morning" w/ PSA's, wx, nx re hurricane
damage in Halifax. Fair. (Barbour-NH)

7180, MOLDOVA, VO Russia relay, 0144-0200, Oct.1, EG,
"Jazz Show" featuring renditions of George Gershwin
compositions in celebration of his 105th birthday,
very nice! ID, web and IS at 0200. (Barbour-NH)

7507U, PUERTO RICO, AFRTS, 2310-2326, Oct.1, EG, NLDS
Game 2, Chicago Cubs v. Atlanta Braves, ID as "AFN
Sports" Fair w/ usual USB "hum"  (Barbour-NH)

9405, PHILLIPINES, FEBC,Iba, 1240-1302, Oct.3, CH, OM
w/ continuous tlks, YL over mx, OM and YL at ToH w/ ID
over mx followed by light banter.Fair w/ fading by
ToH. (Barbour-NH)

9290, LATVIA, R. Seagull relay, *1000, Oct.4, Barely
audible mx poking under noise floor, not enought to ID
language or much of anything else. Gave up after a few
minutes and went back to bed! Maybe better luck later
this DX season. Thanx Bernd Trutenau tip. (Barbour-NH)

9945, ALBANIA, TWR, 1542-1600*, Oct.3, Pashto/Dari?,
OM w/ continuous tlks until 1555, then strings w/ tlk
over, choral mx, ID and s/off anmts, more strings
until distinct IS at s/off. Fair/poor under noise
floor w/ a few peaks. Not rare, but rather surprised
to hear this at this time day. (Barbour-NH)

13595, USA, WJIE, 1833-1849,2154-2208, Sept.30, EG,
Contemporary rel mx, PSA, ad for "Childrens Christian
Relief Fund", later w/ ID and POB, "World Prayer
Broadcasting NetworK" prg. Poor w/ fades on both
occasions. (Barbour-NH)

17555, GERMANY, R.Rhino Int'l via DTK, 1545-1559*,
Oct.4, EG, YL w/ intvw of OM, presumed station owner
(tho never got his name) re reasons for starting
broadcasts to Uganda; i.e. "bringing people together,
platform for truth, open forum, etc", mentioned
hearing from listeners around the world, slammed BBC
for implying station is affiliated with UPC and
Ugandan rebel groups. Nice EG ballad, "I've seen
(Bonanga?)" before s/off anmt. Fair w/ f/in and out.
(Barbour-NH)

My R-75 is in UPS "limbo" in Southern NH, they say
I'll get it Monday. UPS said they couldn't deliver
because my address doesn't exist. That's funny, I've
lived here for years!

Scott R Barbour Jr-Intervale,NH,USA

http://shopping.yahoo.com