[HCDX] EWE Antenna

I had a great time yesterday at Grayland. Fortunately the DX this time
around has been pretty good. China on 918 this morning was armchair copy
and JOMW-1071 was quite good for a time too.
   I have not been all that happy with my EWE antenna after I tried to
put up exactly the one I used to have. I lost it back in 98. I am happy
to say, I have it back better than ever! Now to see how it works on TPs
in the morning.
   First off after looking at the vertical sections I found they were
not straight up and down. They both ran too much of an angle. I don't
believe my origional one did. Second I thought I had the height right,
but I didn't. the SW leg was shorter than the NE leg. I looked at the
trees and saw I could go higher, so I went up about 10 feet on the SW
leg and 5 feet on the NW leg. The legs at pretty strainght now and the
height on each are within a foot of each other.  I used my signal
generator to rebroadcast 820 and 630 khz and took a portable out to
adjust the null,  It is giving me 95% on KWRO-630 and about 60% on
KORC-820, sometimes better. I am back in business. Plus the increase in
height has given me from a couple S units to 5 DB extra in gain. The
antenna seems quieter too. My neighbor has a light dinner on a lamp, so
it will be interesting to see if that noise is less or more. Fortunately
is only affects the lower part of the band and it can be phased.
Climbing trees at nearly 55 is not as easy as it used to be, but I can
still doi it, but 10 years from now, who knows?

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager