[HCDX] Pan American log

Hello to all of you !

It`s been a long time since I didn`t DXed and I may be mostly inactive this season due to the lack of any good equipment. Still, I managed to go with my father when he was picking my mother from her work and heard English religion on 530. Has Radio Vision Cristiana switched their language in wich they broadcast ? Also noted an almost graveyard-like mess of signals on 910 over / under the sometimes dominant WABI.

Here is the log:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS  OCT 11 0107 - Presumed with religious talk in English about a church and about the Pope John Paul. Fair-good and way over CIAO Toronto with some noises, probably due to the computers or TV sets in the buildings on the street we were driving. (Chiochiu-QC)

910 unIDs OCT 11 0116, also 0144 and 0146 when I was tuning here from the hockey game on WFAN - A mess of signals containing, apparently WABI Maine, WPEG Tennessee, YVRQ Venezuela and maybe a fourth station wich may have been Cadena Agramonte from Cuba. WABI was the only one that was noted atop from time to time. (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu, DX`ing on the road in Pierrefonds, QC

The rest of the travel we did listen to a hockey game on WFAN-660; the New York Rangers versus the Minnesota`s Wild. The Minnesota team was punnished very shortly before the Rangers scored 3-1 and a few minutes before I was leaving the car the Wilds scored 2 points. When I was leaving the car, the Rangers ruled 3-2. It was interesting.

Also some minor tropo was up. Ottawa was good in stereo on 100.3 and 106.1 and I think 106.9 too and was noted with relatively weak stereo on the Country outlet, on 105.3. Also noted was very slight enhancement of the very weak 106.3 semi-local and Quebec City CJMF was very strong on 93.3 playing Marie Carmen 1989 soft-rock hit Faut Pas Que J`Panique, all this when I tuned beetwen 660 AM and the FM band.

Well, that`s it for now !
I hope that we will be able to repair the Sanyo radio or to replace it, maybe someone will help.
73 and good DX,
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.