[HCDX] SWB América Latina: 4990.90 kHz Radio Ancash reactivated???

[HCDX] SWB América Latina: 4990.90 kHz Radio Ancash reactivated???

ARC ? SWB América Latina
bjornmalm2003@xxxxxxxxx
Björn Malm, La Prensa 4408 y Vaca de Castro,
Quito, Ecuador  (+593 2) 2598 470
JRC 535 ? HF 150. MFJ 616 ? MFJ 1025.
Ant.: "Horizontal Sloped Inverted L" 18 meters
+ Magnetic Longwire Balun.

K-Index   A-Index   Solarflux en este preciso momento:
http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/propagation.html

Quito 15/Oct/2003 9:40

Amigos DXistas en Conexión Digital!
Saludos desde "la mitad del mundo"

4990.90 kHz unID probably Perú and perhaps an
reactivation of Radio Ancash, Huaraz(???)

Some weeks ago Robert Wilkner in Florida(USA) had an
unID probably LA on 4990.9(I´m not 100% sure of the
frequency) kHz - I checked the frequncy but all I
could hear was an open carrier. However this morning I
heard a latinamerican station on 4990.90 kHz with
strong but very low/bad modulated signal. I get the
impression that it was a station from Perú. I think it
is an reactivation of Radio Ancash, Huaraz(Perú) but
I´m not sure.

73s de....
Bjorn Malm   SWB América Latina
Quito
Ecuador

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.