Re: [HCDX] Timewave 599 DSP Unit

At 10:23 AM 10/18/2003, Patrick Martin wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Timewave 599 DSP unit for MW
DX? I was wondering if it would be a benefit to add one to my shack? Are
they worth the money? They run $400-$500 US. Thanks.

73s,

Hi, Patrick! I own two units and absolutely love them for cleaning up the random noises and whistles that are so prevalent. I too found them a bit pricey, so I purchased both units used (with the latest firmware)--one on eBay, and the other via a friend. Wouldn't do without them!!! There's usually at least one on eBay at any given time, and go for between $250 and $300 or so. Other guys (like Guy Atkins) prefer the NIR 12 unit (I think I have the model correct), though my observation seems to indicate that the majority of users prefer the Timewave.

Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw, MD
Victoria, BC, Canada

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.