[HCDX] RE: [LatinMWDX] A new radio !!!!!!!

[HCDX] RE: [LatinMWDX] A new radio !!!!!!!

Bogdan:

I doubt very much that you will find a used radio store that would know what
a ceramic filter is, or have a filter or know how to install one. I think
you will have to send the radio to one of the radio hobbyist companies like
Universal or Kiwa or ??

I don't think you should assume a filter can be added to your radio as there
may not be space and if there are already sensitivity problems an added
filter will just make it worse. Plus, ceramic filters are hard to obtain now
since Murata exited the business.

But in any case, I think it is time for you to quit trying to DX with radios
that are not DX radios. You are now seeing the problems of normal radios and
it will only frustrate you more in the future if you continue to be a DX'er.

Here's my idea: rather than spending some money on normal radios, can you
save a little money and spend a little more and buy a used DX receiver? I
wonder if there isn't someone on the lists that would sell you a used 7600
or CC Crane radio or maybe even a used older tabletop at a cheap price?

Chuck