[HCDX] Reply to morning logs at 5 PM

Hello !

Intriguing report. I repeat what others sayed to you: 4845 is Radio Mauritanie in Arabic, perphaps the strongest tropical band radio station here in Montreal aside from WWCR-5070; I think they are stronger than even WWV-5000 when it`s in.

On the other hand, I`m not accoustumated with Phillipines DX and I never identified a station from that country. But, generally speaking DX`ing on 25 meters (the 12 MHz band) is possible all the time, day or night, greyline, during solar storms, etc. The frequencies are a bit high for D-layer absorption, aren`t they ?

In any event, you gived me a new target to go for on SW, as it would be really fun to get Radio Veritas on 11705, as soon as I install the long-wire in my room for my Sangean (the long-wire is already in the yard; I wait to have at least one tape recorder repaired and perphaps a new radio).

Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.