[HCDX] DX-Camp Bavaria

Hello to all,

from November 5th to November 9th 2003 the traditional DX Camp Bavaria took
place. Once again we spent some beautiful days (and nights) on our Camp QTH
45 km north east of Nuremberg. As usual we installed several Beverage
antennas, each with 300m length and 1,20 m above the ground. More
information about the DX-camp and some pictures can be seen on my homepage:
http://home.arcor.de/mschnitzer/

At the beginning we were rather sceptical, if we really receive some exotic
stations. Some days before there were severe magnetic storms in the
ionosphere. But just the first evening opened a window to Asia and Pacific.
Four RRI stations from west Papua (Irian Jaya) came in simultanously between
20.00 and 21.00 hours UTC. A sound file of RRI Wamena with local ID can be
found in the audio-clip section of my homepage.

In the night from 7th to 8th of November there were sensational good
conditions towards Latin America. We could hear a lot of stations, which
normally are logged extremely rarely here in central Europe. SODRE from
Uruguay came in on 9620.6, which is listed in the WRTH with 150 watts only.
The Bolivian station R Perla del Acre could be received on 4600,3 kHz as
well as the Peruvian Radio Imperio on 4386,6 kHz. I posted the IDs of these
two stations on my homepage, too. Radio Melodía from the south Peruvian city
Arequipa came in with relatively strong signal on 5906,4 kHz. Further
highlights were R Buenos Aires on 1350 and R Cristal from Uruguay on 1470
kHz.

Altogether we heard on the tropical bands the usual stations from China,
India, Africa, Brasil. Here now a selection of the more interesting ones:

5th - 9th of November 2003

1350    B  R Cristal, 21.50
1350   ARG R Buenos Aires, 00.30
1359   CHN CNR1, 16.20
1386   KEN KBC, 20.35
1470   VEN R Vibración, 00.00
1470   URG R Cristal, 01.35
1470   PRU CPN, 06.00
1566   IND AIR Nagpur, 15.30
1566   KOR HLAZ, 17.55
1700   USA WJCC, 05.50
2310   AUS ABC Alice Springs, 20.15 (power signal with S=9)
2485   AUS ABC Katherine, 20.40
3230.2 PRU R El Sol de los Andes (presumed), 01.10
3279.6 EQA La Voz del Napo, 06.50
3310   BOL R Mosoj Chaski, 23.30
3325.1 INS RRI Palangkaraya, 19.55
3365   PNG R Milne Bay, 19.35
3375.1 PRU R San Antonio, 01.05
3905   INS RRI Merauke, 20.25
3925    J  R Tampa, 20.45
3935.1 NZL ZLXA, 17.15
4386.6 PRU R Imperio, 00.45
4427.2 PRU R Bambamarca, 00.35
4461   PRU R Norandina, 00.30
4485.7 PRU R Frecuencia VH (presumed), 00.40
4600.3 BOL R Perla del Acre, 22.20
4605   INS RRI Serui, 20.05
4681.9 BOL R Paitití, 23.55
4746.9 PRU R Huanta 2000, 23.50
4753.3 INS RRI Makassar, 19.50
4761.7 BOL R Guanay, 22.35
4775   PRU R Tarma, 23.55
4790   INS RRI Fak-Fak, 20.20
4796.8 BOL R Mallku, 23.55
4824.4 PRU La Voz de la Selva, 22.35
4826.5 PRU R Sicuani, 23.25
4830   VEN R Táchira, 23.45
4855.9 PRU R La Hora, 23.10
4870   INS RRI Wamena, 20.30
4875    B  Rdif. Roraima, 22.40
4876.8 BOL R La Cruz del Sur, 23.15
4890.3 PRU R Chota, 22.40
4902   CLN SLBC (Full Moon Service), 21.50
4902.6 BOL R San Miguel, 21.50
4940   PRU R San Antonio, 21.50
4955   PRU R Cultural Amauta, 23.15
4959.9 DOM R Cima, 23.40
4965   PRU R Santa Mónica, 22.10
4974.8 PRU R del Pacífico, 23.10
4990.9 PRU R Ancash, 23.40
4995.6 PRU R Andina, 23.35
5005.7 PRU R LTC, 23.20
5009.8 DOM R Cristal, 23.30
5019.9 SLM SIBC, 19.15
5019.9 PRU R Horizonte, 23.25
5025   PRU R Quillabamba, 23.20
5460.3 PRU R Bolivar, 22.45
5470.8 PRU R San Nicólas (presumed), 22.50
5486.7 PRU R Reina de la Selva (presumed), 22.55
5580.3 PRU R San José (presumed), 23.00
5678   PRU R Ilucán, 00.00 (power signal!)
5906.4 PRU R Melodía, 22.45
5927.1 BOL R Minería, 23.35
5940   PRU, R Bethel, 23.05
5952.5 BOL R Pio XII, 23.40
5985.8 BRM R Mayanmar, 15.20
6054.5 BOL R Juan 23, 22.30
6060   NMB NBC Windhoek, 17.30
6105.5 BOL R Panamericana, 23.45
6134.8 BOL R Santa Cruz, 23.00
6139.8 CLM R Melodía, 23.45
6173.9 PRU R Tawantinsuyo, 22.30
7210.3 BEN ORTB Cotonou, 17.40
7260.1 VUT R Vanuatu, 06.45
9504.7 PRU R Tacna, 00.05
9620.6 URG SODRE, 21.35 (ID: "Radiodifusión Nacional del Uruguay, Montevideo
...")
9624.4 BOL R Fides, 22.45

good DX

Michael Schnitzer
Homepage: http://home.arcor.de/mschnitzer/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.