[HCDX] Huge trip to south america - recommendation needed urgently..

[HCDX] Huge trip to south america - recommendation needed urgently..

Hi...

I'll be making a huge trip to South America from Nov. 27 to Dec. 27, but maybe possibly
extending much further into the new year. And as it happened when i travelled to several
places in Europe, i would like to take my Sony ICF SW77 with me.

As the Sony receiver is the only one i have for dxing purposes, losing it may face me into the
big trouble of not possesing anything to, ehem, dx, so i would like to know from people who
has travelled, or lives or has crossed custom/immigration points in Chile, Argentina, Paraguay
and Uruguay about the following:

- Do these countries allow the entrance of radio receivers?  free of charge of course, i do not
want to pay taxes for just a couple of days of usage
- Are customs officials suspicious of radio receivers? In my country, Peru, customs allow the
entrance of one radio receiver per person, but when going thru customs back from Europe,
they attempted to make me pay taxes for my radio receiver, since it catches shortwave signals,
which i strongly refused to the point of hanging/putting my receiver against/inside my body.
- How does thieves react to this kind of recievers? I mean, do they know what is SW?

And... just to finish, just a couple of questions:
- Any place for SW shopping in the Buenos Aires/Santiago/Montevideo area?
- Any interesting DX club in these areas? I would like to get in touch with them...

Your responses will be greately appreciated. Thank you

Moises Corilloclla

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.