[HCDX] World Music Radio

Hi!
I received this messagge from WMR a few hours ago:

Dear Mr. Slaen

In December one of the pioneers of early European Music Radio, World Music
Radio, originating in Holland in the 60's and 70's and broadcasting from
Andorra, Milano and Dublin in the 80's and 90's will be back on the air as
the first privately owned and officially licensed shortwave station in
Denmark. Stig Hartvig Nielsen, for many years a well-known DX'er, will play
a leading role in the relaunch of the station.

The new WMR will also be streamed on the internet at www.wmr.dk and
operating on FM in Denmark with a cheerful and truly world music format with
the best in current chart hits and the classics from the past from all
continents.

WMR will be a truly international station completely independent of all
political and religious interests and programmed only with the aim of
bringing people together across all frontiers in the common experience of
good music and international understanding.

To underline the international nature of the station ID's and liners will be
aired in all major languages of the world, and for WMR it is of the greatest
imporatnce that the sound and pronunciation of the language is truly natural
and without accent as only a person borne into the language or truly
proficient in the language will be able to do it.

In line of this we take the liberty to ask you if you or anybody in your
organization or at any radio station with which you may be familiar, would
be willing to make a contribution to this effort by helping WMR with the
recording of a few liners as listed enclosed (in English) in the language of
your country and indeed any other language with which you may be familiar.

As WMR is also independent of any international and national financial
interests this also means that regrettably WMR is unable to pay you at the
current studio liner rate. However, we would be much obliged if in spite of
this, you will be in a position to make a contribution to an international
effeort in this way and we will naturally acknowledge your efforts if only
somewhat in a token way then by no means less cordially.

Thanking you and looking forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully
World Music Radio
c/o Hartvig Media
DK-8900 Randers
Denmark
f. Stig Hartvig Nielsen
Knud Hyllested

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.