[HCDX] HF Radar

.....but I was horrified to discover that the CODAR surface-wave radar
sweeper,
which normally bothers only WJCR on 13595, had shifted upward to range
between roughly 13605 and 13655. Hope this isn`t permanent; why can`t
it stay below 13595, anyway? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST).....

Thomas KN4LF Says:

I heard same yesterday morning on 13655 kc but it was weaker then RCI. I
also hear it on 4840 kc +/-
from late afternoon through late morning. It sounds a bit different then the
one on 13600 kc +/- though.

Being Nostalgic:

Speaking of programs on shortwave, about the only ones left that I regularly
listen to are "Sunday Morning" and "Quirks and Quarks" both on RCI. I also
listen allot to the endless parade of bizarre and unique programming on WBCQ
while working in my website design business. I still listen to news on the
BBC and at times the VOA but neither are impartial and independent.

Otherwise in my personal opinion the programming quality on RCI, VOA, BBC
and Radio Australia has really gone down the tubes. Also I really miss the
many long gone low power 49 meter HF stations from Mexico, also 120, 90 and
60 meter stations from Central America like R. Belize, African stations like
Botswana and Pacific stations like WSZO in the Marshall Islands, etc.

I can remember when the tropical bands were jam packed with stations. I
think that shortwave broadcasting was at it's zenith prior to the end of the
Cold War and it's been all down hill since.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 & PSK31 Digital Mode E Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaesu_ft840
160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm
Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm
Friend Website Design www.kn4lf.com

---

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.