Re: [HCDX] Unid on 7335 kHz

Hi Jyrki.
On 26 Nov tune in at 1850 I tried this station. Decent signal here,
but the audio was very distorted at times. Yes, the language sounds
African. Program was mostly interviews (or telephone comments)
with short music bridges. Allah was mentioned often and I think
I heard couple of times "Nigeria" mentioned (pronounced English-style).
No ID heard and towards the end of the transmission reception was
not too good. Sign-off at 1927. I saw some IRIB/VOIRI Tehran B03
schedules and there was 7335 1830-1930 in Hausa. I don't know how
this program style fits with Iran's Hausa service, but it is one
possibility. Anyone with proper ID of this 7335 station?
73
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

-------
On 25 Nov 2003 Jyrki Hytönen wrote:
-------
[HCDX] Unid on 7335 kHz

>I heard unidentified station on 7335 kHz on the 16th of November at
>1830-1930 utc.  The language, I think, was close to somali and the
>programme contained various mentions of Somalia. Part of the
>programme included Quran recitations. . According to Sam Voron
>this is not Galkayo since they are now using 6980 kHz.  Can
>anyone help?
>73's Jyrki Hytönen, Kannus, Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.